Helena Fire Department, Stairclimb Team
February 26, 2019
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
About Helena Fire Department, Stairclimb Team
Five members of the Helena Fire Department will be travelling to Seattle in March to compete in the Seattle Firefighter Stairclimb. This event is a fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. This year will be the 28th annual climb and the 8th consecutive year Helena Firefighters will be competing. All of the fundraising proceeds will be donated to the LLSWA.
We look to sponsor a local child that’s been affected by leukemia/lymphoma. The LLSWA is located in Washington and serves all around the world including the USA, Canada and 7 other countries.
Many people in our community alone are affected every day by a type of Blood Cancer. This event is huge nation wide, and is searching for a cure for blood cancer.
Project / Needs
- Training for the Seattle Stairclimb
- Educating about Leukemia and Lymphoma
- Vanns Thriftway stairmill fundraiser (local firemen climb in all of their firefighter gear inside the store to collect donations from the community)
- Door to door fundraising
- family and friend donations
How will the funds be used
All funds will be donated directly to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The funds are used for research and aid to families who are suffering hardships due to this cancer.
Because of the continued support of you and our partners and sponsors, in fiscal year 2013 we were able to:
- invest $74 million in research, which includes funding for 122 new grants to researchers in academic institutions and $14 million in contracts through the LLS Therapy Acceleration Program
- support 328 research projects (and 26 TAP partnerships) in the United States, Canada and 7 other countries
- provide financial assistance to patients
- sponsor scientific conferences around the country
- produce educational materials and videos
- run dozens of Family Support Groups nationwide